Monday, May 02, 2005

Cars, Platonic Relations & WHIPPED MEN?!?!

Three cheers for the weekend... yay yay hip hip hooray !
I finally got to get reacquainted with Hugo, after 4 years of being apart... it's kinda nice & sad to be together for a brief moment, and then having to wave Bye again. Hugo's my buddy from the days back in LA. I will post pics soon.

We'll start with cars. I finally saw the Initial D car in Singapore. Apparently, it belongs to this punk (ok the word PUNK is cooked up by me, the car belongs to a kid). the car is cute...
Ok let's go to Cars Decals. the subject of decal on The New Paper, as a followup to last week's TNP weekend's story. Pls go back & read my blog from last week : 24th April 2005 edition. Reference to Tan Dawn Wei's car decals on cars by lady drivers. This time it's still focused on lady drivers. But it's more about BABY ON BOARD stickers / decals... Karen Wong, the journalist refers to the Baby On Board (or BOB) decals as like P plate stickers. I died laughing, and thought to myself & wondered : Has Karen seen the decals, and the shapes / patterns / motifs they come in? There's like HAMTARO : BOB , Hello Kitty : BOB , ULTRAMAN : BOB... etc etc, besides the usual human logo then the BOB words. It's a joke. i doubt anyone really sees the sign and then treats them with care like P-platers. I sure don't. I can spot the word when i'm like 2 metres closing up. And most of these vehicles are MPVs. You know how much punch & power the MPVs can pull? Well, for some numbers game, the Honda Odyssey have 3.0l engine, that's hell of big, and can have as much as 220HP. That's as good as a basic WRX. DA COW, except the WRX has 2.0l engines.

Next we go to my fave topic : BOYS. Hahaha, Janice Wong of TNP did a good job. Janice did her take in the article : "I had a wolf on speed dial" , prompting the question of the validity of platonic relationships. Does anyone have a stand if platonic relationships can ever be sustained, as in no sex , no crushes? I personally don't think it could be done. Having said that, a lil' background, i have hardly any gfs, i could probably count them with my fingers (fyi, i have 10 fingers in total). Guy friends, a plenty. I like to think i'm too cute for them to resist me. Eh sorry the word is not cute, but attractive ... too attractive! ok doggie, u could jus stop laughin now. and Ben... start smiling, cos i can sense your smirks all the way from CA, dude. Anywayz, when you're friends with this guy for the longest time, and if you're unattached, girls always always always think of the "what if". So with that notion, you have a attraction thing going for the guy. So Janice, there're no such thing as platonic relationships. In Janice's case, it's the guy that's married and still thinks another girl has the hots for him. errr, what is up with that??? Oh come on, single women in Singapore are not THAT DESPERATE!

That being said. Not all Singapore men are that bad. Annette Tan talks about "Real men can take a whipping"... about guys being meow-whipped (ok guys, u go figure about the meow part, i'm very PG ). A lot of Singapore men are devoted to their wives / gfs. And of cos , they would sacrifice their weekend for the wives & gfs. I agree Whipped Men are more husband material. So guys, start training yourself to be a YES man to your other halves.

I've got so much to write today... but i'm very tired.
I had a long weekend of clubbing...
kudos to Kimbo who drag me till 5am, i applaud u.....
I will post on that when i find energy... yawnz, night readers....

No comments: