Tuesday, May 31, 2005

save me...

That's the title track to Corrinne May's new album. Yes i'm plugging her album, only cause i love her songs, and it just relates to me in a special kinda way. Her voice is soothing. I like to think of her as a great export, especially in the whole coffee-joints singing in LA. I miss that environment. That kinda soothing acapella voice and strumming of guitar, while the aroma of coffee beans envelope you. It's kinda nice... I used to dream about being able to sing in a coffee joint. Such nostalgia comes along with her voice.

My fave track is SAVE ME, used on the CHASE drama serial in Singapore. It features Utt and Linda in this bittersweet romance story. How lives are entangled. And how someone from the past can be the ONE. You end up chasing her for the longest time, and yet nothing comes out of it.

"save me from this place...
heaven knows i've fallen.
for you ... my sweet embrace...
heaven knows, heaven knows... that i've been waiting..."

I've been doing fine, for my readers. I'm back to my usual lifestyle. There're some changes to my life. Other than so, i've been trying to get through my work . life . music . drive one step at a time. I believe one loses confidence after a car crash. From then, you slowly crawl and then try to rebuild that limited confidence that you once owe. Its akin to our life. If you ever take a tumble in life, you slowly recover by walkin slowly again. Sometimes steps are neccessary to be taken whether forward or backward to see clearly the big picture. We can't always just focus on NOW. We have to focus on past to know our faults clearly... and preventing such failures in future.

No comments: