Sunday, December 11, 2005

weekend of partying...

It's surprising how fast the weekend creeps up on you. At the blink of an eye, it's the weekend. I'm so glad for it. I was feeling a lil' under the weather, thigh cramps, feet cramp, and that ever-so-persistent urge to sleep. I'm tired. I took friday afternoon off to get my nails done up, and i fell asleep while getting my nails pampered. Yes i know, i am a horrible person to fall asleep ... causing my hand to slip and my nails to get semi-ruined. Hahaha, but who cares, i'm there, so they have to fix it for me.

I went to attend Calvin & Jean's wedding that night. The couple that i always drink with are getting married. Of course there were questions of where they met, followed by hollers of "wine bar" at the background. But the reply was "mdm wong's", yes, that dubious place. Had to rush off to Markino to wish Mr. B happy birthday, right after the wedding. And then rush to join my girlies at Bar None for Clara's birthday. Last stop was Zouk... where i met my usual posse. I left and got home slightly before 5am, still getting that nagging feeling of how good my bed feels ... I felt like a GRO (GRO : Guest Relations Officer aka mamasan aka xiao jie) , jumping venues the entire night, but what else can i do but to keep my friends appeased? You can't just please one person, you have to make everyone else happy. I should be paid, but i am not. Dratz, don't GRO command a high income?

I always feel saturdays are meant to slack or chill around, preferably in bed, under the covers, in a temperature-controlled (about 10ish celsius; 50ish fahrenheit would be perfect) room. At 1pm, mom decided i had enough sleep and told me to wake up to have my lunch. But it's barely 8 hours since i slept, and it's the weekend. i'm tired. Went down to Foster's for some soothing scones & ice lemon tea. Utterly refreshing. I like to kick back on Saturdays, enjoying some tea and bitched with some mates. Bad hair day, so had to put on a hat, which amused my friends... cos it's completely not Eve, but heck, i have bad crazy hair... so i need to subdue them.

Sanford's in town ... i brought him to chompz for dinner. And then went with him to One Fullerton area to have some coffee, all cos he finished watching that show "yummy king", and told me he wanted to go there. It's gonna be heck of a eating weekend.

I did go to Zoukout... with my boys. Late but better than never. They were emm-supping in my car on the way there, drinking their vodka mix. I'm amused, but driving with care, or risk them shouting that i'm a lousy ass driver, and they can't mix their drinks. I know i have friends that are wild... but they're a happy bunch to be with. By the time we got in, we realized not everyone in the group got in, despite being in Sentosa earlier. We had fun, i didn't drink, cos i had to drive. I am the designated driver. I have to drag some sleepy drunk people home. too much drinks with dubious background is obviously not good news for the boys. It's 7 on Sunday morning, when i reached home. 8am when i got to bed. I'm tired.

My sis is now sitting beside me blabbering about the spirit of Christmas. How we should always exchange gifts. All she got for me is a hello kitty keychain. It's el cheapo loco but it's hella cute. Maybe i'll use it for my office keys / home keys / car keys. Hmmm...


No comments: