Friday, September 02, 2005

left hand drive....to right hand drive...

It's Friday, 2am. I can't help grinning. I bet you could see my silly face grinning away, from miles away. I've been religiously attending Mr. E Driving School. Yes, he's a pretty decent teacher, i must add. Doesn't scream, doesn't reach over & wring my neck, especially when i kinda hurt hisbaby . Not that i worry about him killing me. Being a car enthusiast, i'm ectastic that i get to drive a TC car in Singapore. Most of the cars on the street are 1599 cc & below. Let's list what cars i own since i got my fateful license in '98 : Volks Cabrio ( LHD, really nice to have wind blowing through your hair), Merc C200 ( RHD, big & powerful... ), Honda Civic (RHD, it's cute, small, fuel-friendly... great for my work). But of cos, i love speed & the ability to move around swiftly anyday. I dig fast cars, be it NA engine, or TC or SC cars. Speed junkie. Driving an ev(o)il car is just great. The sound of the turbo spooling is just woohooo. And the good part is a pretty babe is driving an evo. So clear the roads....make way for the queen.

But due to the limited experience with manual transmission car, i can't help but feel a lil' scared. I'm praying hard each time i meet with a red light, that i don't stall the car once the light turns green. It can't be helped, that i feel that way. Afterall, i'm an "American" driver. Yep, i dig the lo-riders, the laidback Californian way of driving. I still recall some of my college mates telling me "man, i can hear your music all the way from the end of the street... and when your car passes by, i can't see you. Your car's roll bar completely blocks your face". Uh huh, i sit real low while driving. Very thuggish, ver
y me. Yea, it's ghetto.

When i got bac
k to Singapore after college, i inherited the Merc C200. Bye to my cabrio *teary-eyed*. My Merc is the ultimate bling bling, ghetto mobile. Plus a ghetto me, you get a lo-ride driver... you get a real ghetto spirit. The Merc's black & cute. I miss the car sometimes. The torquey-ness makes me miss it a little, compared to my current ride the Honda civic. hmmm....

Switching LHD to RHD ain't that difficult. I think i kinda got used to it.
Now I am staring at my California Driver's License and am telling myself i need to change that frigging pik-cher. A case of a bad nerves right before the driving test. frickinhell !

And OoooOOoooh, btw, since i started my healthy lifestyle program (swim + cut down tea & supper when possible), i lost 2kg. WooOooHoooOOo...
Am meeting my girls tomorrow night. So perhaps it'll be comparing who's more tanned than another.

No comments: