Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bags bags and more bags...


Bags bags and more bags...
Originally uploaded by daftbitch.


The original shopping queen. yes that's what i am. My mom is being really funny these days, since my new shelves came in. while...i've been packing. She has stated no more bags, and to focus on the purchase of a car instead. Has the room been cleaner after all these packing? No... i still feel it's a mess. I got more clothes, more shoes ... & more bags than i did when i first came back from US.

Life in US was so simple. I could make do with like t-shirts and jeans, and look good-2-go for a night out, togging that little handbag of mine that was a great steal from one of those thrift stores. Yes that t-shirt may be from Abercrombie, and those jeans may be a pair of Calvin Kleins. But my point is .... oh well, how do i put it...read on...

So i returned home after graduation in '01. I lost weight, got in between jobs. Wardrobe went through massive changes. I still got that 101 white tank tops, that i hardly ever wear. Each of them unique in its own flavor : V-neck, Round-neck, Double Strap, Single Strap, Pink Strap, Blue Straps, Polka Dots, etc etc. I probably have just about any white tops that any girl would need. For work, i wear pants for convenience's sake, as well as functionality. So i have about 10-12 pairs of black pants by now. I lost track of the # of pairs of pants i own in every color. Hmmm... and being a chick, i still love & adore frilly lil' dresses, and those flirty lil' skirts. But i hate wearing them, and you often see me in flirty frilly lil' numbers. let's not even go to shoes. Mr. E claimed i am training to become the next Imelda Marcos. Imelda who? Just the women who has possibly thousands of shoes.

My bags are a different story. Yup, the picture you're looking at is my snooty collection. Each tells a different tale. I cherish every lil' bag that i own and have. Especially those that are expensive & with their snooty italian labels. My love affair with the snooty italian labels started when i was 17. And i have my first bag from then, till today. So you can tell by the wardrobe. I have 7 shelves full of my own mix of italian & local labels. The cheapest being just 7 bucks. i've been told to blog about my infamous collection. it's really not a lot. most of my labels are collected during my working days.

I can proudly sing...
"The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
I've bought it
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)

All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin' money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me"

Snippets from Destiny's Child "Independent Women"

No comments: