Monday, April 23, 2007

Lustful... NOT...

It's a beauty isn't it? Lust worthy too? This is certainly conversation-starter. The car looks sleek. With the top down, man, am i set to shine? Right... it's a Mini Cooper S convertible. I thought i am going to buy this car.... that is until my test drive.

I went down to Mini Habitat Monday Afternoon 23rd April 2007. I arrange to test drive the Cooper S R53 auto convertible. On the way back to the showroom, after a ride on a short stretch of freeway, i pulled to a stop on Alexandra Road. The EML light came in , which at this point, i freaked out...i assume it was the check engine light. Strange for a test drive car that has only 27km done on it, right? I asked the SE what i should do. He recommended i tried throttling it, which i did. The car wouldn't move. I am on the right most lane of the road (which meant cars are expected to move). I had never in my life been more embarrassed by my cars, let alone a brand new test drive vehicle. At this point, the SE told me to switch off the engine and then restarting it. The EML light went off, i drove the car back.

Here's my afterthoughts : i love the car, but what is mom going to say when she drives it, and it does this EML on her? Who's to guarantee it won't happen again or to any other Mini cars? 27km is a small mileage to be on a car, thus meaning the ride is brand new and has not seen much of daylight, right from factory. You would expect the car to be in pristine condition, and would think the workshop has already done all the neccessary checks to ensure that their test drive car is in tip top condition, especially since the test drive is the MAJOR swaying factor to a prospective car buyer.

So you know what... i won't even consider buying the Mini. I urge all of you out there to do likewise. MINI does not live up to my expectations. THROW IT IN THE TRASHCAN, whatever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly... their service department is just as weak... especially their stupid service manager.

Anonymous said...

the car maybe small but it will not fit the trash can;;

anyway, good thing u r not buying the car cos the car has BIG blindspot at the C pillars when the roof is up n with the roof down, it is impossible to see who is behind u;

daftbitch said...

but i like the car... and i am not that short to not see behind the roll bars... and C pillars...

hahaha...

-ben said...

This supercharged devil in a blue dress fits the daftbitch better, IMHO. 944 kg, 220 hp. 0-60 mph in 4 seconds.