Saturday, November 05, 2005

HSBC Tree Top Walk


HSBC Tree Top Walk
Originally uploaded by da
ftbitch.

I finally decided to visit the HSBC Tree Top Walk. So at 8am, i dragged my lazy butt down to MacRitchie Reservoir. It was such a long walk, surrounded with vast amount of trees and greenery, accentuated by the sounds of crickets and other insects alike. It was such a serene calm sight.

Of course, i had to ruin it all, by plugging onto my iPod Shuffle, blasting the sounds of Prodigy.... *breathe with me...breathe the pressure...*... totally rocking to the beats of Breathe, Firestarter & Smack my bitch up. That felt so wrong, yet so right... i had to move faster to avoid myself from collapsing through the walk.

The walk to the Tree Top Walk was a long walk, i peppered my walk with my endless bitching about the ups & downs of the route, and the endless number of stairs. I swear i have never climbed stairs that took me more than 5 minutes. It's just crazy. Talk about stairmaster ! But it was worth it. The view from the Tree Top Walk is so mesmerizing. So pictuesque. So wonderful. So wow...

With the long walk to the Tree Top walk, is another long walk back to the car. Man, i feel so darn tired at the end of the it all. A whole 2 hours of the route. I probably covered more than 8km today. My nikes gave way midway through the walk, which sucked. But i get new runners soon. woohoo...

Right now, my butt hurts, my thighs hurt, my calves hurt. Talk about being unfit. Poooiiii....

1 comment:

-ben said...

Woah! You were not kidding about the stairs!
And, I hate, hate, hate the Stairmaster.
15 minutes and I am dying and holding on to the handrails like a drowning man.
I don't know how people can do it for hours...