Friday, July 15, 2005

Seeking solace...


Seeking solace...
Originally uploaded by daftbitch.

I finally managed to catch up with my friend J who's in Australia via online chat. He left about a year back. Tho we don't always exchange words, there's always a bond between us. Perhaps something we left behind back in '98, when i first knew him. Perhaps it was even our age (we're of the same age group...). It's the kinda friendship that really speaks for itself. The kinda fireworks we have with each other is just amazing. We lost touch after that '98. and ONLY last year, we met by chance and decided to meet for coffee. It was just like those times, as though time has froze. We're still 18. Those bittersweet memories...

Well, J broke off with his gf, and declared that as a bad partnership. I candidly told him i make a damn good partner, just to cheer him up. He laughed and we talked about how much we miss each other's company. We spend a good amount of time talking crap, right from street talk to undies. We talk about reading each other's blogs, as well as others. I managed to catch something in his blog about a friend he mentioned whom walked out of a relationship to a new bf, and not changing. He mentioned about the dynamic nature of relationships. Some not in tune with the other. Some along with others. We change just in different directions, but not in our inner personalities. We change because we have different directions in life. Sometimes, we just need to take a step back to realize we just need to take things with an open heart.

I don't believe people change in their inner personalities while they change bf, or even as they grow up . Perhaps subtle changes, like J mentioned in his blog. I'm still the same chick everyone knew me to be. Between 9am to 6pm on weekdays, i may put on a solemn face, as i gotta face my work, my guys, my clients & my career. After 6pm, i'm just Eve, who's still the same ol' cheerful, candid, fun-loving and crazy me. I'm still full of attitude.

Perhaps the only pits from walking out of relationship is to seek solace in someone. something. somewhere.
I found mine in my chow chow.
Have you found your own shangri-la?

No comments: