Friday, April 25, 2008

manners on the road

Dear Lousy Driver,

I do not claim to own the road. Neither do i consider myself to be a contender for the most courteous motorist on the road. But it's saddening how you have become. You may have caused an accident. Because of you, you gave rise to road bullys. Because of you, you may cause a traffic jam.

These days, just signalling will not cut it that you have been thoughtful to other drivers. There are other ways to make the roads a better place for us both. A simple wave to indicate "Thanks dude!" would have made my day, when you try to cut into my lane in the early morning traffic. I understand that morning moodyness, when you just woke up and am rushing to work. But so am i, so am i.

You decide to once again make me feel like a fool once more when i notice you speeding away in lane 2, and cutting in at the last minute on the chevron making your way into Pan Island Expressway (PIE), off of Central Expressway (CTE). Yet once again, i fail to see the hand signal, let alone the courtesy to be in line, just like the rest of the pack who joined in back at the Novena entrance / exit of CTE. You failed me repeatedly. How could i trust you again?

I manage to summon enough courage to join you at Sepang International Circuit on a private trackday. With good faith that every driver present is courteous and knows the rules of the track, i set forth in my car to go around the track. You and i were going down the track, with me leading just half a car length in front of you, which indicates i can take the correct racing line. No, what did you the lousy driver decide? To meet me at the same corner, from where you were, almost colliding to me. Did i miss something at the pre-trackday briefing? Are we on some circuit race here? I believe not, cos i am always at every trackday organized by a group of friends whom i trust my life and my car to.

Why, oh why, would you decide to do that? Do you not love your car? Do you not cherish your life? Time and time again, i have given you a chance to repent. But you did not. Perhaps i should write to the local authorities about road courtesy slowly disappearing from our roads. When i think of the road courtesy campaign years back, it brings a smile to my face. We could always try a little kindness, and give way to others who share the space we live in.

I love my car, i love my roads, i love the Sepang International Circuit,
but no... i don't like you, yes you. You lousy jacka** driver!


With best regards,
for the safety of other road users, and me,
Daftbitch

1 comment:

-ben said...

Roofing nails. Roofing nails. All you need is several boxes of roofing nails. Keep ahead of him/her, open window, grab box of roofing nails, open, stick arm out of window, release, enjoy...