Sunday, April 20, 2008

is there such things as two bad days? or is it the mind playing tricks?

I was reading an article off Shape Magazine May'08 edition, written by writer/sportswoman Janice Lee Fang. She went on saying you almost always feel better the next day. I don't think i agree with her on that.

I went for, whatchamallit, an eight-k run last afternoon, having slept in on that lovely Saturday morning due to a thunderstorm that killed my ride at 530am. As i prodded on that road around my neighborhood, i find myself singing alongside Adam Levine : is there anyone out there cos it's getting harder and harder to breathe. I felt absolutely in the pits, and as much as i wanted to run, i couldn't. My legs felt heavy, my heart felt heavy, and i am well-rested, trust me on that. I ended up spitting a whole bout of phelgm. Well, you see darlings, triathlon (swim bike run) never promises a germ-free environment, much less wax lyrical about being the most hygienic sport around. In the end, i walked back home, and decided i could do with some retail therapy and call it an early night, praying damn hard that tomorrow(which is today) will be a better day.

I made plans to be awake by 5am, so i could put in a 50k ride and be home by 7am to watch ironmanlive.com kickoff of IronmanChina and to get ready to leave for KL. I rode 10km down the road. Once again, the song "harder to breathe" kept ringing in my head. My body is failing on me. I was having trouble catching my breathe. I decided to U-turn and head home. When riding alone, i count on gut instincts. If the body says No, it means you're better off at home. That marks a very short 20k ride. Oh, funny thing did happen, this runner did a double take on me, and gave me a smile when he realized the cyclist is not a man. I do still have my womanly features, you know. :)

So here i am... at home, writing this blogpost, at this really unearthly hour.
And oh yes, awaiting the kickoff to IronmanChina.
I really wonder if i can ever reach the day i can tell everyone i am ready to do my IM.
Who knows? Maybe i won't reach that insanity level. Maybe i will.

No comments: