Thursday, April 03, 2008

too much too soon

So i've been lazing around. I haven't quite gotten started since the Bangkok trip, only going to swim class on tuesday, which i didn't push hard. Somehow the body didn't feel right. So the entire week was met with rain, and work. Random stuff and excuses i manage to make, just not to head out. I didn't feel like running.

Weekend rolled around, had a long day on Friday, just running about. Of cos, it was some joyous occasion which i had a few drinks too much. By 2pm, i called it a night and went home. I felt drunk and hungover.

Surprisingly Saturday felt alright. I felt bloated with the alcohol, but figured with the heat & humidity outdoors, i could do with a swim. Went to do 1.5km in the pool, followed by a 6-7km jog to Labrador Park. Thanks Uncle KC, for being my training buddy and being my pacesetter. Awesome pace, and i felt good.

Sunday was the most awesome time, yet marked one of the worst rides i ever did. The boys were moving at a pace that i can't sustain. You might be thinking above 30kmph (i know i suck...), but no ,.. they were doing about 20kmph. How can i cycle this way? If my cadence drops below 70, i feel like i am heading for stationary fall. O_o Seems just yesterday when 19kmph was what i could come up with. Highlight : Went up the viaduct. Woot!

Of cos, nothing quite sums up a drive along ECP on a Sunday evening. I think i wanna be finishing my Ironman in this kinda sunset..... if i ever find my courage to do so. To think i actually still think about Ironman, despite the fact my quads hurt and i can barely walk up and down the stairs, bringing me back the day past my 21.1km last December... sheesh!

No comments: