Thursday, April 17, 2008

Godspeed to those doing IronmanChina...

I am now very starstruck and in awe... just cause i saw Belinda Granger and husband Justin Granger at the airport, checking in at the same as the rest of the TriFam guys, who are heading to Ironman Haikou, China.

That being said, i think it might be a very light push to start training. I may not ever get to be a pro, but hey, at least i can try to get closer to completing an Ironman70.3 race. A friend i knew called me out of the blue, to ask for his bike trainer back, and then talked about how he heard i've been training really hard. My reply was "no... who did you hear it from". His reply : "your gang?", to which i am baffled. Cos i train alone. And i haven't been training per se.

I am not a sandbagger, but i like to do things my own pace and keeping things casual. When i met the bunch of TriFam guys at the airport, they wondered why i didn't sign up for 70.3 China, my reply "i haven't been training", which is a honest response. I have been riding, but at once a week, i doubt the distance or intensity would allow me to survive. Truth be told, 70.3 is do-able, but how at the cost of how much pain thereafter?

As i wondered about this question, perhaps i should go for a run to clear my mind, and to tell myself i can do the Ironman70.3.

No comments: