Thursday, December 28, 2006

Post Christmas...

Christmas Day : I spent a good 12 hours dead to the world post-ski trip. I ushered the whole Christmas in, in my sleep... i fell asleep about 3 minutes before Christmas Day. That long sleep did wonders to my aching body. Of cos, it still hurt, the muscle strains, but i think me working out in Singapore has helped. My sis had it worse, she felt like the world's going to end. It's Christmas Day ... and we decided to head downtown Nashville for Christmas lunch. While on I-65, the jam was bad, really bad. A section got closed due to a bad accident. It was a 4 car pile up. A SUV got totalled, a woman died, and a man was seriously injured. I couldn't bring myself to take pictures of the accident, so i took a pic of the long traffic. We got held up for a good two hours. So lunch started at 4pm. But it's Christmas. I like Christmas... i spent the evening watching CSIs. It's nice for a change, than nursing a hangover. Too bad, it didn't snow this year here at home.

26th is boxing day to the aussies, but not for America. It's Post Christmas sale to Americans.. most stores start early like 6am on 26th. The family packed off to Atlanta, Georgia for some shopping (they have lower taxes) and to catch up with family friends. Once again, on the road for like forever. We went to Discover Mills, an outlet mall. I managed to get some sports stuff for my runs, and workouts. Still haven't managed to buy running shoes, golf shoes, my swim shoes. There's really nothing much that i buy these days. Hahaha, can you imagine i just said that? But maybe in LA, where the clothes suit my style more, i might just go wild on my credit card again. We ended early at the mall and went off to Ikea, to grab some stuff for the house. I still vividly recall the opening of the Ikea store at Atlanta, when i was there a year ago. This time round i saw a picture that caught my eye. It's a poster of Audrey Hepburn. It's printed a huge piece of canvas, too huge for me to carry to Singapore. Sigh... but very nice print. I like Atlanta, the whole look of the city is just so cosy. It's arty, the apartment blocks are so arty. I like places like these. I guess every major city in US has a part that is arty, from LA to Chicago, to Boston.

I heard Singapore's raining really badly these days. Hmmm... i like the fact i don't have to drive in the rain. And i like the cold weather out here. A pity it didn't snow this Christmas. I wonder if i'll see snow this time round.

Think i'll head back to my couch to watch 24, CSI & Scrubs... all day, everyday, while i wrap my freezing butt up in a blankie. Been spending a lot of my time, reading, chilling out at home. It feels good... but there are people out in Singapore i miss hanging around with, laughing over a beer or my fave dessert.

Laters dudes,
Xoxo,
Eve-il

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ненависть с первого слова
!!!