Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Holiday--- Merry Christmas...

Alert: Spoiler ahead.

The movie is sweet. And even touted as this year's Love Actually. Love Actually was a huge hit couple years ago, as the Christmas Love story kinda movie. I love that movie. So there's no question that i like The Holiday. The whole gist is love happens when you didn't expect it to. We all want to find love. The movie is heart-warming, when Cameron's character being an absolute flop at work... finds love in two weeks in Surrey UK. Can love happen in two weeks? A friend or two were telling me about how love takes times to grow. Perhaps i've been living in my lil corner and thinking Love can happen at first sight.. and perhaps in the span of two weeks, i can find love. The movie speaks of moving on... and you might find love in moving on. Moving on from a failed relationship is often a deterrent to a new one, and perhaps by allowing yourself to just let go may be the very first step to finding love again. As Shakespeare put it in The Merchant of Venice "Love is Blind", i truly believe in it. You do not need words / compatibility issues / reasons to love someone. You love someone because you love someone.

The time of Christmas also opens up another whole array of emotions, other than love. There are people around me who feels emo-messed up during this jolly season, as they're all alone in the world. It's painful to let go, but holding on is even more painful. Live & Let Live, as i always say. Work took a toll on my lithe body. I felt so exhausted, that i just feel spaced out even with friends.

I'm leaving Singapore for some time (in a matter of hours), so i actually feel sad to leave the ones i love, adore, worship the ground they walk on, especially during this Christmas season. However, I felt super loved today... when my closest gfs sms-ed me telling me how much they will miss me, and my boys telling me in their indirect way that they'll miss my presence. I love the whole Christmas kinda mood, the songs ( i danced in my ride to Mariah's All i want for Christmas is you ... while in traffic, the guy next to me just laughed out loud... glad i made someone laugh).... and of cos i dig the love around Christmas... and of cos embrace everyone's lil' emo-side.

So to everyone in Singapore, Merry Christmas... and i'll miss you guys.
And here's me to my boys, time to bring out the party poppers & champers (only moet everyday, dudes).

No comments: