Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sun, Sand & The Sea


Sun, Sand & The Sea
Originally uploaded by daftbitch.

Back from Pulau Sibu (also known as Sibu Island) , off Johor, Malaysia. I'm sunburnt but happy. I managed to spend some time with my gfs, and of cos, to celebrate April's birthday. I remembered contributing a blog entry for April just last year. And now it's yet another year. Dammit.

Anywayz, back to our trip. It was a 3 day trip for the Good Friday long weekend. I staggered to go to the trip, having returned home a bit smashed on Thursday. But upon reaching the place, i felt absolutely great. The water was clear, cool and extremely inviting. The sand was really fine. It was a place where you can just stroll around in your bikini all day. And it's a tiny island which you can just walk around & cover within two hours.

We went to trek around the island. It was a 60 minute trek session. But it nearly killed me. It'll top the list of my worst adventures followed closely with the HSBC Tree Top Walk at MacRitchie Reservoir, Singapore. I saw baby sharks with black dorsal fins, swimming in groups of 2 or 3. Saw a huge ass millipede. I managed to snorkel for the 1st time! Yeah baby! Oh and i scare the daylights out of my friends, when i hum the anthem to Jaws, while snorkelling and looking at the beautiful fishes & corals. Hahaha, it was funny though, i just wanted to see whether by the tunes of Jaws would freak the fishes out. My friends who were out snorkelling with me were laughing and shouting my name when they realized i'm playing a fool in the middle of the sea. Yes, i'm silly.

I can't wait for our next trip to some beach resort. Oohhh yeah...
I love it this time round... and it's quite an escape and different from our daily ruckus. And i truly enjoy myself ...

No comments: