Saturday, March 04, 2006

to Purdue i go...

I spent a good 3 days and a couple more hours out in the Midwest. I should have been given more time, if they had more seats to fly back to Singapore. Shucks. Oh well. I met Sanford, one of my dearest brothers, that i hold close to my heart. And it's been so nice. I also manage to meet a couple of old school mates out in Chicago. Thanks Shawn & Sanford for showing me around Chicago. So while out freezing my butt in Chicago, crazy me decided to drive back to Purdue. Yes, Purdue. My old alma mater. The place where i once had the time of my life. The place i've been ranting about. The place that i wanted to go back to, for the longest time. All because of the Starbucks inside the Union. I am "suaku", so?

The once-seemingly-long route from Chicago back into West Lafayette, Indiana now seems like a short drive, bumping with the rap rhymes of Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Nelly & Juelz Santana. Armed with a bottle of Coca Cola & a Grande cup of Starbucks Chai tea, i jump into that Ford Taurus. Yes, an old-dude's ride, but still comfy, and it comes with cruise control. So i love that sh#t to bits.

You know you had reach Indiana when you see cornfields... and more cornfields... and more cornfields. Errm, you get my drift. Truly the anticipation of going back my alma mater is something i can't put words to. I guess, the exhileration of going back to the place i met my best mates, and of course, remembering the good ol' days. To the soothing music of Howie Day's Collide, i pulled into my college town, up from the Levee. Yes Purdue. I'm back! I went around and managed to chat with a few of my professors.

The joy when i met my friend Ke Winn. And we reminisced while running about the campus, when i was in school... and over our love for Dave Matthews Band. He into Ants Marching; me into my Crash Into Me (live version, no less). Sorry if i am really suaku gushing over the spanking new Borders / Barnes at the Levee, the nice Krannert (or whatever), the change in my LAEB to BEER building, oh that nice spanking creative arts building sitting on what used to be my parking lot. And of cos that Armstrong Aero Building coming right up. Hahaha, i totally enjoyed myself during that one day trip, that despite losing my bed space to Mr. Andrew. Yes, Andrew, the infamous stair roller of ThePurdueDiaries. Heh heh, and i met Zhuang. The reason why ThePurdueDiaries was born. Whatever the case is, that's history. Who gives a flying fish. Ermm, though Andrew still offered me the honors by showing me his infamous rolling down of stairs. All it took is a couple of red & white wine. Ooh, and i totally remember that fart. Dude! Yucks! And showing up the next morning at 9am to play indoor soccer reeking of alcohol. And then crazily driving 2 and a half hours back to Chicago. Dude! I love every minute of it. It was just so off the usual routine.

I had a wonderful time out in MidWest and Chicago. Over Sangrias in Chicago. Yup, we got high on Sangrias. Peach Sangrias are yummy. Went to some offbeat local places i never been before. Sorry, Ke Winn, but apparently Blogger hates the pikcher where you looked decent, and wanted a pikcher of you in a high mode. Waiting with our freezing butts in Chinatown just to have dim sum. 45 frigging minutes. And i thought we only wait this long out in Singapore. Well, The list of madcaps goes on. Thanks guys for bringing me around, and especially for squeezing some time out to hang out together. Cheers!

1 comment:

林俊彪 said...

oui, how come the group pix at Cafe Baba Reeba so small wan?