Thursday, August 04, 2005

Mambo Music --- Laughter, Fun & Let's blame it on the boogie...

Mid Week Drinks. Mambo Night. Zouk Winebar.
This has been a recurring activity lately. We're a working bunch of peeps, bearing signs of tiredness after work. We had dinner (... it's sushi) .... and then we decided to go for drinks.

We sat, ordered my fave martell green tea and we just started our crazy talk... My face turned red, as my lil' reaction to the alcohol. We were jus chilling out. The winebar was quiet. I decided to take out my camera (yes i know i know, it's a beauty) and the photo-whoring starts without needing me to actually signal for them to rally together. Yep, that's Ben acting cute. Ben, pls pls pls... i nearly died laughing when i uploaded the pik-cher. We started off poking fun at each other. It was a night of coughing ( i can't help but poke fun of it, Ben started it), and singing mambo songs. Yes we were singing mambo songs....And we were not even inside zouk. Yes the crazy group decided to ask each other about mambo songs that we can all recall.

It started with "Blame it on the boogie" by Big Fun. Dennis totally mocked it. Errrrr... Dennis, bad move. It's my all time favorite mambo tune. I can't believe i admitted that i actually do the actions even when i hear the song on the radio while driving. Dennis and me actually started doing the moves to don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times, blame it on boogie... Then we went onto Square Room dancing...and of cos , Summer Rain became a hit within us. I remember a long list of the songs... and of cos the actions. Hahaha, they branded me the true blue mambo queen. I mean... i've been through SOOO MANY years of mambo. The nu breed of mambo-goers make me feel ashamed of myself. Hahahaha, but then again mambo's really funny at times. What's mambo without synchronized actions

However, as much as i would like to stay awake, i'm tired and i need sleep. We ended the night by 12ish... i got into the car, and i slept like a baby, despite the awesome surround sound provided by Ben-dalous & Dennis. Gawd, u guys are so noisy, yet i slept through it. Call me the queen of sleeping. Ben calls me the sleeping beauty.

Dennis, for totally laughing at you... and making you do the same motion for camera... i apologize, so here's a really nice pik-cher of us. And once again, COUGH COUGH...

Cheers... Half the work week is gon

No comments: