Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cheers to my girlies...

Happy Birthday Singapore... time to be patriotic. It's August 9th.

I spent Sunday with my girlies. It was so fun just hanging out with them, chilling and lazing. The plus point was we had food. I was supposed to bring some carbo food, namely rice dish or noodle dish. I went to the food centre and saw satay. tell me how to resist satay? I also saw rojak. tell me how to resist rojak? I got a lil' minor scolding but still everyone loves rojak. We spent the afternoon eating and bitchin. And of cos, dabbling with scrabble. Is IQ a word? Or abbreviation? Hmmm... who cares for now. I managed to dump the Q - a 10pointer letter. My girlies were great. I had so much laughter, fussing over everything, poking fun at everything. We even adjourned to karaoke thereafter. They're just so drama. We even had supper after karaoke. Can you believe how much food i consume a day? I sat down and actually told myself i ate more than 6 meals a day the entire weekend from Friday night to Sunday night... praying darn hard it doesn't happen on Monday. Thankfully it didn't repeat on Monday or Tuesday. There's a picture of April, Me & Pris. Do we look alike? We all have tiny eyes. Hahaha.. envy us.

August 9th's National Day. Some had it easy, took a Monday off, and had a 4 day weekend. Some, like me, worked on Monday. Monday came along. I went to work. The mood is a bit sedated. Everyone's jus wishing the day gets over & done with. Everyone hates a Monday that is a Public Holiday Eve. After work, Had dinner with Mr. E @ home. Chilled for a while @ home. Went for Fondue Ice Cream at a part of Singapore where it's a mix of expat, a mix of bohemian, a mix of bad parking allocation, a mix of major roadworks, a mix of tons of magazines, a mix of restaurants. Angie came along with us. The fondue was yummy. I love it. In fact, i love ice cream. The sugar gets me a lil' high & happy. Called Kim to whine about no one wanting a drink. He said he's onz for it. So we went to start drinking at Lush / Onyx. I missed the fireworks, but i don't really care. I'm going more for drinks. :) I have to declare i'm back in love with Amaretto Sours. The drink i had while at cactus back in college days. Those who went to college with me would know our cactus friday. How much amaretto can that mug hold? Tons! & i love it. The recipe to a great amaretto sours is one part amaretto liqeur, one part sour mix, add a brandied cherry... and voila, your drink is served. it's so great, so girlie, so deceiving. Yes, you may call it the pussyfied drink. Doesn't kick u right there, but it hits you slow after a few of them. You drink it like it's just a plum drink. I had a couple, before we adjourned to Zouk... went to winebar and slightly overdid my drinks. Got onto the cab and slept like a baby. Hmmm... but it's fine. All in the name of having birthday celebrations eh. In conjunction with our country's very own.

I'm a filial kid. I woke up after a night of drinks at 11am to bring my grandma and mom to have dim sum. Yes, i'm a good kid. and then drive them everywhere to shop. Hahaha, once again, i'm a good kid.

*pass the barf bags out to everyone*
cheers to a good week ahead.

No comments: