Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sunday...

Sunday is always a day of rest. A day made more precious and valuable after i started working on the project, as i work mondays to saturdays. A day to catch up on family & friends. A day to get my ass out on the road, bright and early.

There are some days i will rush home early on Saturday, anticipating the rush of Sunday mornings. There are some days i wake up, wondering why i am awake at unearthly hours when the sun isn't shining yet. I won't lie about this, but i have wished some mornings it was pouring hard outside my window pane, so i don't have to roll my bike out to meet. When it does rain, dammit, i would have wanted to be out there cycling or running. I belong to the female species, that are more fickle-minded.

No matter what my mood may be in the early morning, once i hit the road, whether to run or to ride, i would have the biggest smile.
The sweat, the heavy panting, the feeling of pain that is going to make me keel over, plus that battering of my legs are soon forgotten with that rush of adrenaline. And breakfast.

I look forward to Sundays, a day of rest, a day of food, a day of fun with friends.
Last Sunday, i had Macs breakie and a Hand Burger over lunch. Yum Yum.

1 comment:

-ben said...

No matter what my mood may be in the early morning, once i hit the road, whether to run or to ride, i would have the biggest smile.


Hear! Hear! Amen to that! But getting out the door is the hardest part for me — there's always so many people online to troll... Ahem! I meant, so many excuses of mine to name!

:-P