Friday, February 26, 2010

0622hrs

Do you know what you were doing at 0622 hrs anyday?
I know what i was doing on Thursday morning.

"Do you know the enemy, do you know your enemy. Gotta know your enemy. wah heyyy" sings the alarm. I rolled awake, walked to the bathroom, and walked back into bed. Thoughts flowed through my mind : Road Bed Road Bed? roadddd or bedddd...? My body's aching and tired, and could use more sleep. And i knew what Green Day was singing when they sing about the enemy, cos mine's the alarm clock and bed. More yawning ensues. ZzzZzzZZZzzZzzz !

Who won?
At 0648hrs, i laced up my shoes and walked out of my door, and watched Singapore awaken to the break of daylight, and the kids getting to school. The traffic starts to build up. I see dazed faces, sleepy faces, and happy faces of kids, and continued to plod on. With every breath i take, i put one foot in front of the other. I had finally gone on my first pre-work run. Sure, i felt tired by midday, but i fixed that with a mug of diluted coffee. All i know is i have renewed my confidence in what i can do, and what i can run.

:) it was a good run.


1 comment:

Matty Wong said...

Congrats.

The scores is as follows;
Bitch 1 : Zzz Monster 0

Keep the scores going girl.