Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Things i grew appreciative of...

Out of the eight and half years i have been working, never once have i felt so appreciative of friends, nor the extent of work my employees deliver. I was recently given the chance to feel what it is like to forget what i was working on over the past few hours, only to realize it's 6pm (almost time to knock off), and i really haven't gotten anything done. Emerging out of office usually at 7-ish pm, or even 8pm, when the skies are dark, i realized how much i yearned for the company and warmth of being around my friends.

The past weekend was a fruitful one. Jana my longtime collegemate came back. And we always have a good time catching up on old days, and it's a nice reminder for Christmas of how much i miss being in Purdue and how much i miss the crazy friends who i knew were made for life. We sat together watching Victor get married, and having a chuckle here and there over how fast time flies.

I met Matthew my trusty pacer for a run on Saturday morning. I am appreciative that God has given Matt to come save my wretched running soul, motivating me as i run along. Matt's warped at times, but i am following. I was bitching about calorie overload over the 1 hour 30 mins run from F2 and to B1 along East Coast. He however thinks it's worth it. Ahh well... it was yummy nonetheless. Big enough a breakfast to last me thru the work day.. all till dinner. Had a good time during dinner... and that milk shake thereafter. The thing about triathletes is they go home early to sleep to prepare themselves to go out to bike or run the next morning. Weekends are precious to them, cos they can expand their energy in the morning and still squeeze their nap in.

I woke up late Sunday morning, rushing to work site, only to realize "bummer, i didn't get clearance to enter the premise". Decided i should spend time with Julian over breakfast, before hopping back to nap. I managed to get most of my holiday shopping done, except one or two items which are still missing.

I came to realize, with so little time on hand for myself, i try to squeeze a run in here and there. Sacrifice a few hours of sleep to be with friends. Yet i find the urge to bitch , and to complain, and to lament over the lack of sleep. A bit tad sad. But that's life.


1 comment:

-ben said...

Your Christmas pressie this year is probably your running partner. So lucky!

I've no training partner for the kind of nonsense I do :-(
Nic's a great riding partner, but he isn't crazy about slow, starvie, sugar-crash, non-stop rides :-(

This year's training has been non-existent. Hopefully, next year I will get back in the groove. Maybe stalk / hunt Dom with harpoons or somethin'...