Sunday, December 06, 2009

Singapore Marathon 2009

DRAFT COPY --- cos i am dazed after completing my marathon some 12 hours ago.

Sitting and huddled up in bed now at 11pm, i thought about how today went. The day of my 2nd Marathon. I woke up after receiving two wake up messages from Matthew. At 320am, you can't help but feel confused about where you were and what you should be doing. I dragged myself out of bed and changed into my outfit. FYI, i chose the white one. I grabbed some bread and slapped the peanut butter on. I wondered how fast it has been. It has been a year... how time flies.

As i started the marathon, i felt a pain across my chest, and knew today's not going to be my day again. When i got to MacDonald's East Coast, i knew i am behind schedule. At F2, i started to throw up, the start of many burps and inability to hold down any form of food / gel / liquids. At the 30km mark, i felt like it was an eternity. At the F1 pit area, i felt i had to get going to end my suffering.

At 42.195km, i am a finisher. A finisher, with a huge smile "like my GCE got all As", according to Matt. The experience is extremely humbling. A good reminder that i still lack good amount of distance running. I am glad, given i haven't really ran all year, to even finish a marathon, with minimal walking.

And To Matt, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Cos i know, without you, i may have walked the entire distance or may have given up. Thank You.

2 comments:

Jean said...

CONGRADS EVE ON FINISHING UP

Matty Wong said...

No problem lah, you ran it yourself. Congrats on the GCE 'As'