Saturday, January 14, 2006

i found my new love...

Walking down that tarmac, with the heat beating down upon my shoulders, i can't help but gawk. It's my dream. HE stares at me, as if beckoning me to move towards him. He was a piece of work. Breathtakingly cute. He is the closest thing i can get to, to fulfill my dreams. He zoomed past me, albeit a lil' slow. But still, he was a piece of work. He is none other than my little minibike.

The adrenaline rush from the wind, the understeer and oversteering had never fail to bring a smile to my face on that trusty lil' go kart. What added to the joy of a go kart Saturday was to be able to ride on a bike. Yes, finally. My dad has always forbidded me to ride a bike. Race cars, yes. Race go karts, yes. Race bikes, NO NO NO. The same answer from my mom. Why? Simple : cos it's dangerous.

My lil' minibike is really tiny. I got a lil' racebike. and a semi little racebike to ride on Saturday. Good things come in small packages. And it really pack some speed + power in that little machine. I had a rush "zooming" in it. Standing at less than 50cc, with only one gearing, it ain't gonna be the fastest machine alive. But when it's so small, and you can lift it like any bicycle, it packs some punch.

But the pain i got from that cramped position of riding the minibike left me speechless. I wonder what the taller people would feel ....







For more pikchers, please see my flickr set.

1 comment:

-ben said...

You won't catch me on one. It looks like a torture device to me :)