Saturday, June 25, 2005

What's so AzN abt AzN?

So u think you know it all...yes, you the reader... about AzN?
Ben pointed out the whole chinese-educated Chinese and engrande-educated Chinese. There are differences between them, no questions asked.

I have a couple of friends who are AC boys. Most AC boys would agree your grasp of chinese totally sucks. I can laugh with any statement of mandarin coming out from their mouths. the term AC is only known among the Singaporeans, so bear with us, fellow out of country peeps. I have a couple of friends who are ABC (American Born Chinese), who live & went through the whole US education system and can speak perfect Mandarin / Cantonese and even read chinese papers. But what we're discussing is their mentality being slightly different. Let's compare with some Chinese-educated schooling boys (not gng to name schools, topic is super touchy).

I have dated my fair share of men. I still feel Engrande-educated men are jus that much more belonging to the same wavelength & frequency as me. Sorry i don't date Caucasians ala SPG. I am not that kinda chick. I still go for AzN boys. hahaha... but we need to be on the same level, kinda frequency. i don't know any zhu ying tai story , or some hong lou mong story. That's just way outta my realm, or even san guo yan yi. dammit, i don't even know how to write the chinese characters for the books / stories i have mentioned. I can only do hanyu pinyin. I can't discuss some Dior to a guy who only knows san guo yan yi. U know what i mean???

I realize we finally see eye to eye on something, Ben... hahaha

I love my AzN boys...

So the question again boils to what makes an AzN?

Looks : the hair color (mostly black, now some turned ash like me, or even blonde, brown, whatever), eye color (mostly black, but some turned to blue, green, brown, grey, whatever), skin color (mostly yellowish nude, but some turned tanned or even brown, whatever). Of cos these are jus superficial.

Our food choices : AzN can kick ass in Fear Factor eating cow's balls or pig's intestines. I don't think food choices can qualify as being AzN. I don't eat spare parts. I don't eat a lot of raw food. I love steaks, burgers, rice noodles, etc. Maybe rice noodles can count as being AzN.

I guess it's our parents, heritage and upbringing that qualify us as AzN. Our values are different, tho i beg to differ for some out there. We're just conventional, practical people.

I'm AzN and proud of it. A lil' white washed, but still AzN. I speak mandarin, cantonese and a lil' hokkien, and a lil' SoCal accent to my engrande, but then... i'm not pretentious, i'm just a lil' SoCal chick.

No comments: