Tuesday, April 06, 2010

It goes on.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." ~ Robert Frost.

How true. It's been a few weeks since Ben has passed on. The wounds are fresh, but our lives moved on. Friends and customers have been asking me about my absence during the point of time when Ben laid in the hospital fighting to live on, till the day we sent him off to God. I felt the importance to continue relating the incident and the amount of pain we, as friends, are going through, as we watch his once vibrant vivacious life slip away. The importance to remind everyone how fragile life is, and to watch for the safety of cyclists on the road.

I've been talking to Mr. E over the incident and told him it's important to tell everyone when they asked. We talked about the amount of media frenzy, and the aftermath of the incident. It's in our hearts that some action would be taken by the local community over the awareness of cyclists sharing the roads. But as Mr. E would say, this comes with a price. And at what price?

The price of losing our friend.

No comments: