Monday, May 26, 2008

Bintan Tri 23rd -24th May 2008

So Bintan Tri came and went. I took over the swim slot for the tri-relay team, a month before the tri. I spent couple of weeks leading up to the tri (as usual... the last minute effort) to brush up on swim strokes and efficiency, praying very hard i won't have a re-run of my Singapore Biathlon swim timing for the 1.5km.

It was overall pretty nice race, despite not being the best in organization. I made new friends as part of the entourage i went with ,... met old ones, like Michael, Joanne (my swim class jiemei), Bernard (my cycling mentor), & Raphael (your son very cute, btw). Thankfully, i had Michael with me at the swimstart, never had such a mass start of 400ish people. It was scary, and one word summarize my thoughts at that moment of staring at the masses : SCARED. Fear overwhelmed me. I find myself gasping for air... and squeezed Mike's palm really tightly. Thank you Michael for massaging my shoulders, and telling me it's all going to be okay. Of cos, i experienced the usual elbow jab, the kick from breasts strokers, the pulling of swimming suit. Ahhh... but once i got the hang of it, i actually felt the tide going in my favor.

When i got out of the water and handed over the championchip to Leslie to continue onto the bike leg, i felt glad... relieved... happy. I had done what i could.

My swim timing : 34minute-ish.
Comment : Not too bad, considering i had a 47minute-ish during Singapore Bi on 1st March.

No comments: