Sunday, May 11, 2008

some things change, some things don't

It's been a good 7 years since i graduated from Purdue. Some things change and some just don't. I manage to catch up with Jana, who's my "bro" from college days after not keeping in touch over the past 8 years or so. And we pick up from where we left. It's as though not a day has past. He even said i haven't changed. Have i? I still turn beet red once i drink. Maybe less feisty. I don't think he changed much either. I don't think many of my collegemates have changed.

The weekend was a blast, as Robin dropped by Singapore for a business trip. So a bunch of the Purdue guys managed to meet up and do what we do best during college : party. I think that was my college forte. When i asked old friends what my sport was, during school, their reply would always be "Drinking". I don't remember when's the last time i actually crawled home at past 4am. And much less, to do it for two nights.

Ok so we all grow a lil older, so what? I think one thing's changed : the stuff we consume. It used to be vodka shots or Johnnie Walker shots. Now we moved on : Cordon Bleu.

So you know what... cheers to Purdue! And cheers to my friends!

No comments: