Monday, May 07, 2007

in this crazy life, through these crazy times...

I am prolly not the best person to speak of sports. Much less, discuss the power of the mind. Bizarre and powerful, that's what the mind is.

Many of you would have known by now, i am doing the Osim Tri (sprint) this July. For those still continuing to read this, please support me. I am surprised at why i would choose to do it. Needless to say, since it's barely 10 weeks away. I am really pulling no stops this time round. Sprint might seem short to some of you. To me, it meant the world. I am in nowhere near the physique required for this multisport. So all i have is the power of my mind.

Instances :
1) point & shoot... whilst telling yourself that you can do it. I realized, sometimes it's not about the technique. It's about my heart. If i tell myself i can hit it, i will. golf golf golf...
2) another mile is nothing on the knees. It's not about your legs, it's about your heart, urging your feet to move on. Run Run Run....

There're plenty more...
I guess sometimes technique helps. I used to think i'm proficient in swimming. It's my forte. I used to swim competitive like ten years or twelve back. Now, i'm not so sure. I am searching for a coach to help me in my front crawl. Sigh... worry worry worry.

If at first you don't succeed, tri tri again...

No comments: