Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hong Kong Birthday Escape...


me in Mongkok
Originally uploaded by daftbitch.

I seized the chance to fly off to Hong Kong for a brief escapade. It was a brief four days. Frankly, i don't fancy holidays to anywhere other than back to US, cos i never have adequate sleep. It's always walking walking walking. I much more fancy a hols somewhere on the beach, when i can just walk around in shorts & bikini, though i really have to work out to get a much better leaner bod.

So back to Hong Kong. We had a full four days. The first of which spent in Shenzhen. And then off to Hong Kong to shop up a storm. Well i didn't exactly get a lot of stuff. I did get a pair of heels, a pair of boots, 3 tops, and a skirt. Hmm, and a couple of bags. Not a lot, considering i have heard people coming back with oversized or overweight baggages.

Maybe i just have too much stuff. I do like the style of the people of Hong Kong ( are they Hongkie? or Hong Kongers? I think it's the latter). Sneakers are their choice of footwear, and they have a lot of vintage nikes and adidas, and tons of converse shoes. it's very street very comfy, and i love it.

The food is my kinda stuff. Very light. Instant noodles with either spam, eggs or ham. Your choice. And of course, coke with slices of lemon... or even the amount of herbal tea. There's a herbal tea stall almost every street. I also had some lamb ribs. Hmmm.. dim sum. Oh, and there's this fantabulous dessert stall in Tsim Sha Tsui called Sweet Dynasty. The food was just absolutely yummy : the glutinous dumpling, the tang yuen, the almond paste. I don't quite like the ice kachang kinda stuff. But dig the cantonese style of dessert of almond / sesame paste.

Of course i got back to Singapore, very tired. And went back to work the next day. And i'm still sick. It's been a week. Sigh...

Oh thanks for the birthday wishes and sms-es. I ishhhh very touched. But now to sleep off my cold / sore throat and dry eyes. sigh...

No comments: