Sunday, June 18, 2006

sporty me

Ben just told me my soccer post was a bit off. He's a lil' thrown off with the sporty side of me. Then again, i see that as questioning my knowledge of football. Well, in fact, i don't really know. I only know i am born in Singapore, grew up in Singapore & SoCal, so of cos, innately i am very Singaporean-ish and heartlander, thus punting is in our blood. 4D, toto, big sweep... and now football. Woohoo...

I may not be a sports freak. In fact, i don't like team sports a whole lot. I love individualistic sports like running, or swimming. Funny thing is during school days, i do better in relay teams. So now individualistic sports does it for me : swimming or running ... or driving.

I just came back from KL from trackday. It's been fun. I am starting to enjoy track driving way too much, and learning to overcome that fear of taking turns much faster. I did a mini fishtail that left me shocked. Yep, after that i held back. I smoked my brakes. But they're stock standard, so who knows. It may just pave the way to better things ahead. I got off to a rough start in the morning, driving that awful coupla hours up to Sepang. Feeling extremely grouchy, in the morning of cos. i've got pikchers to prove for them. You can't help that feeling, cos you had barely 2-3 hours of sleep and then driving with extreme care & caution on the road. Being the only chick that's driving, of course, the guys were sniggering. A friend told me my outfit is so not FIA approved. You know what? I don't care. The track's too hot for me to wanna put on teeshirt and stuff. Keyword : skimpy. The outfit worked out well, since i saw the guys sweating buckets. Nonetheless, I had so much fun, but it seems i might have to skip the next trackday. Argh... drive me nuts. I need my rush...

I did have fun, hanging around my friends... and of course, laughing over silly things. And of course, with my sis. And definitely, my ride...

No comments: