Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Weekend with Ted & Helen


Weekend with Ted & Helen
Originally uploaded by daftbitch.
So the weekend just passed. Zouk reopened, the very day that Ted & Helen flew in from HK. Ted's a very close friend back from LA. Helen's his other half. I'm so glad to be able to hang out with them over three days out in Singapore. It'll be a long time before we next get to kick it together again. Everyone's all grown up. I'll be seeing you guys at your wedding instead. So when issit? *winks*

I became a true blue food connosieur in these 3 days. The minute they landed, got themselves checked into the Ritz, and we bolted out for Boon Tong Kee for some hainanese chicken rice, and to check out Orchard Road. Then for dinner, i suggested Long Beach Seafood out @ East Coast for some seafood dinner. Man, they serves a kick-butt chilli crab, and garlic clams. Woot, i love the food. After which, it's to esmirida's for some drinks... Ted & Helen got tired. Angie and i then decided to go check out Zouk's reopening. Man, it was so packed, i hyperventilated. So i head home.

By 12 i was up on Saturday, i brought them to have bak kut teh (pork ribs herbal soup, for those out of the Asia sphere). Then got bored, decided to check out Chinatown, had some ice desserts, and headed for Sentosa to just kick it and look around. For dinner, we went off to Newton Circus, where it's local food galore... we had fishball soup, sambal stingray, char kway teow, orr lua, chai tao kueh, satay, rojak... the list went on. For after dinner party, i brought them to check out Zouk. I had drinks with my own group of friends, we chilled and had fun. Dennis, dennis, as usual... is a funny boy, he drank & he drank & he drank. I seriously felt he overdrank, the
same way i gorge myself over the weekend.

Sunday marked the last day of their visit to Singapore. But of cos, Ted & Helen isn't gonna give their foodie paradise trip a rest. We had prawn noodles soup, orr hiang, laksa, hainanese chicken rice, and ice desserts, all within a span of 4 hours, before throwing them to the airport, to get them back to Hong Kong. They're still out in HK, prolly going back to LA these couple of days...

I enjoyed myself, it's nice to see my high school and college friends from LA now & then. Kinda bring back the memories...














Yep. i got my hair curled. I looked very messy now. :(
But who cares? I'm going off to Thailand for this coming weekend for work & play.
woohoo !

No comments: