Saturday, February 05, 2011

Start the Wabbit Year off on the right foot

Every year, i had always tried to start the year right. In that weird queer lil' brain of mine, i thought "In order to do so, you have to end the "old" year right". Errr right! What's right would depend on one's lofty ambition, and aspirations. Before my lunar new year reunion dinner, i took my brand spanking new pink Asics DS Trainers off for a quick run, in a bid to feel better of the bingefest over the lunar new year holidays.

I had a terrible tummyache, and welcomed the "rabbit" year on the lunar calendar in bed. That cleared most of the system. That queasy rumbling feeling in the stomach, upon waking up on the first day of the new year, did not stop me from munching on the traditional fried sweet chewy cake ('nian gao'), and my asian beef jerky ('bak kwa').

At least, now stepping off the right foot meant i am always constantly full = rich.


No comments: