Sunday, July 04, 2010

i TRIed

Those were the words i muttered, when i met Matthew & Danny at the carpark Sunday morning. "i tried...", pointing to my spandex cladded butt and running tank top. I woke up, wrestling with my devil who told me to stay in, on a nice gloomy Sunday morning. The better me won, got dressed and soon found my way on the expressway headed to East Coast Park to go for a run, a 7km run.

Pitter patter, as i watched the sky drizzle on my windshield. The optimism in me said "ahhh, well, the rain is here, but not at east coast park". As i pulled into the carpark, the ground was wet, and weather was gloomy. I asked the guys why they stopped, they noted that it was raining, pointing to the direction i was going to attempt my run.

"Breakfast?" someone said. Ahhhh , sounded like music to my ears. To choose breakfast and the amount of bitching these bunch of guys have, over running on wet tarmac. It's not difficult to wonder which i choose. Afterall, i am Eve, and honestly, i TRIed.

The catching up over breakfast was a refreshing change, and that made me think "it's time to cut the slack, and brush up on 6am runs... " And to honor my commitment to my duo-teammate, Reeves, who was pleasantly surprised i am up that early to try going running.

------------------------------------------------------------

Over the weekend, i watched two friends attempt their version of a triathlon : swimming 500m (in an umarked distance pool?!? Shady? i think so too), cycling 10k on a stationary bike, and then run on the treadmill over 2.4km. I realized how much i miss the competition and doing a triathlon. I may not be the best, but hey, i tried.

Spending lunch together thereafter was strangely calming and like a breath of fresh air, as if we're all back in Bali, and in holiday. And meeting up again over dinner and movie, and supper has become a standard staple in my life. No complaints there.
-------------------------------------------------------------

i love my weekend :)

1 comment:

Matty Wong said...

Nice TRI, next time just run until the weather comes in.

About time we do the IM Trainer thingy, 3.8km swim in the pool, 180k stationary bike and 42k on the threadmill...