Saturday, June 26, 2010

7:51:26

Those were the numbers i saw this morning at the back of a t-shirt my neighbor wore.
The Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon t-shirt.
Being the kaypoh (or known as nosey) Singapore-born, bred and educated individual, it always piqued my interest to see how everyone's timing for those 42.195km are. I know i won't be putting my timing on my tee for the world to see, as i felt ashamed of anything above five hours.

However, seeing my neighbor's tee with those numbers reminded me how one should always see their own achievements and accomplishments. It's not about timing, nor results, but of one's fulfillment of dreams and accomplishments. To my former training buddies (former- as i have stopped and found my passion lies in my work, instead of triathlons), 7:51 is a disgrace, anything beyond 6 hours is considered real bad effort for marathon. Whereas to every other individual, this accomplishment of finishing those 42.195km in pain and suffering is their accomplishment, and item off their bucket list.

So be appreciative and contented with your own achievements.
It's through contentment that you fail to see flaws in life, and perhaps find happiness.

2 comments:

Matty Wong said...

5:18 isn't a bad thing lah..where's that pinkie shoes of yours?

Vijch said...

Errrm,...actually I like your perspective.
Only coz I used to think like that as well.( that anything behind 6 hrs is a disgrace)..bt oh well... since it's gonna be my maiden attempt at stanchart. I Doubt I'll do something of a timing which is worthy of printing on my tee.