Saturday, March 07, 2009

Singapore Biathlon 09

Can't believe it has been a year. A year since my last biathlon. I, like anyone else, would have wanted to have a better timing than the year before. Of course, this year is not meant to be. After an entire 20-something days trip, filled with gluttony and fun, and cutting back on all sorts of words that include swim.bike.run, i know the biathlon is going to be one of the most painful things ever. Throw in jetlag and cramps, i might as well kill myself. There was concern over how horrible i would feel.

I told myself i am gonna be fine and just to go with a relaxed mind. Who cares about timing? I am more concerned over survival of the sea swim. I swam backstroke some of the way. And a 10k run? Well, worst case scenario : walk, which is exactly what i did.

:) o well... i did get a nice ice-bar after the race, and meeting up with the guys i see when i used to be training. I did get remarked that i got leaner, which may be attributed to a doughnut and ice cream diet that i had. O, and getting called a liar was somewhat refreshing.

No comments: