Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's go to Hong Kong

You may call me a jetsetter. You may even want to remark that i live a tai-tai lifestyle. Well, i am not going to deny how much fun i've been having. I hardly work since the Chinese New Year. Barely stepping foot back into Singapore soil for less than a week, i flew off to Hong Kong, to attend my friends' wedding. Two to be precise. On the date of 14th March 09.

It seems to be a recurring theme of the date of 14th, as auspicious date for getting hitched. On Feb 14th'09, Seggy (with Serena); on March 14th'09, Jacky (with Cynthy) & Hugo (with Omat) got hitched.

I must admit, the whole trip to HK was a blast. I had fun, doing the alternative stuff, as opposed to just going there to really indulge in shopping and food. Funnily, it feels like home. Everyday we wake up, and just go hangout with friends, going to different places to have breakfast, lunch or dinner. I took different modes of transport : bus, electric trams, taxis, mini-buses, mtr. I managed to go to Big Wave Bay / Shek O. The surf there is amazing. The weather was very nice : 10 degrees celsius to 19 degrees celsius. I met many old friends whom i first knew back in LA. I had a lot of food, streetside and restaurants and cafes. Oh... and i can't deny my love for H&M and of cos, the adidas original store there. :)

I love HK... and i can't wait to go again.
And of cos, my friends are awesome to hang around with, which make it the trip even better. Even more heartwarming is how we're able to just pick up where we left off some 12 years ago, when we first knew each other in LA, when i first picked up cantonese, where we first did too many things. 12 years on, we're very much the same. Well, except most of you guys are married. But we still have an awesome time together. That being said, LA rocks.

No comments: