Saturday, November 01, 2008

Osim Corporate Triathlon 2008

I went home feeling like an absolute loser on Friday 31st October 2008 Halloween Night. I sat by the tv, and just vegetated... and thinking i should be out. But i am glad i didn't head out, i would have been too lazy to move around. :) Part reason was the Osim Corporate Triathlon happening the next day.

Leslie called to ask on the Tuesday night if i could stand in for a girl who came down with chicken pox. What was i to do? Of cos the answer is always Yea ok. This time round, i had 3 days to prep. I haven't cycled since 70.3. That was like two months ago. So wed morning, i took the bike out for a quick 10k spin. Gawd, i nearly died. So i decided to do what i do best : wing it... !

Saturday came. The entire field was filled with mud. Such a kind reminder of my first Osim Triathlon 2007 in a muddy field. My mind was filled with dread. I managed to meet my relay team-mates and Leslie, and Leon, and William. I actually felt pretty relaxed until it was the start time... and i had to run through a mud patch before hitting the road. Those 20k left me pretty much battered. Ssshhh, don't tell anyone i did 70.3 before.

But i had a pretty decent picture. Thanks Mike...i don't look that fat.
And Thanks Reeves... yes i know i have a nice bike, but cyclist buay kan... !
And of cos Thanks to Leslie... i cleaned my bike for a whole hour, but i had fun...

1 comment:

Deniel Hopkins said...

good post and love the photos!! keep up!