Thursday, November 27, 2008

a 11 year old's birthday

It's Erik's nephew's birthday. We got him a game, and the boy's mother decided to get him a Wii as a surprise birthday gift. Kids, regardless of how smart they are, are still kids. I made a call to the birthday boy, trying to outsmart him.

An excerpt from our conversation :
me : eh what do u buy for someone your age... like a game from wii?
boy : o... eh you wanna buy me a gift, just say so?
me : you can wait long long... so what game? hurry up.. and tell me. and i'll get you a book for your birthday, not games.
boy : can i have comic book then? ...* at this point, he goes way off topic to stocks*

Don't ask me why he asked about stocks or stock market. Apparently, his grandmother got him a stock as birthday gift. What does a 11 year old do with a stock? Beats me.

I got to his place, to pick him up for birthday and got talking to him... this time, face to face.

Our conversation :
boy : you know, i like this. the world revolves around me today. everything is about me
me : and why?
boy : it's special. It's my birthday.
me : o... so how old are you?
boy : 11.
me : ok.

At this point, i think the boy is at a loss. I haven't responded much to his birthday. His brother kept teasing him with a "i got a secret but i can't share with you...", adding much to our laughter.
Whatever the case is, he was jumping in joy by the end of the night.
Cos he got Wii ... and SPORE for PC.

Kids... sigh... kids

No comments: