Thursday, October 30, 2008

GE Women's 10k 2008


I signed up for the GE Women's 10k for some time. Missed the one last year, wasn't gonna miss it, cos All-Women's Run is so fun. The tee looks good. I didn't know who else signed up this year, and for once i felt truly alone, yet a sense of calm overwhelmes me, as i try to tell myself i have to finish within an hour 10 mins.

At the start line, i started to appreciate and understand why i love All Women's Runs. Women have this sense of space, i'm given elbow length from other runners, so unlike mixed races, everyone's tight together. Even when the run started, i'm given enough space. No side swipes from sweaty females. This alone made me feel that much better.

Midway through Nicoll Highway on the way back, i saw Joe-Ann, we chatted briefly and ran together. I told her to take off, i was gonna keep that steady pace. At the finish line, we managed to meet up again, and got pretty nice pictures taken courtesy of Adidas. Now another added reason why i love All-Women's Run.

The last reason is my timing. Not going to whine about it. I'm a slacker when it comes to running. So clearing 1 hr 7 mins 55 secs, i have no complaints. :)

37 days more to Marathon. So says the website. Damnit. Gotta get started.

No comments: