Sunday, February 17, 2008

1st race of 2008 --- NUS Biathlon


I did my first race of 2008, to warm up my engine, and to try my new tri suit from Zoot.
So i did the NUS Biathlon, sprint category.
It's nothing to wow about, frankly.
Even i am disappointed. But i guess i can't be.
Let's see the factors :
1) I didn't train... due to CNY, food, gatherings... ohhh and my bout of flu
2) i didn't sleep the night before... CNY card games took priority. Sucha wrong move.
3) I had the mother of all PMS cramps. There... i am woman, hear my roar....RAWRRRR...
4) with the amount of pain involved, i met with a bunch of seabugs. I had the worst sea swim ever... and so i gave up after 200m out in that big bathtub.

That being said. surprisingly came in 43rd of 75 ladies. Weirdly. But i took too long. It's such an awful timing, worst performance i turned in. I'm hoping things take a turn next week at Singapore Biathlon. If the bug bites calms down, i'm so going to step up my last minute workouts.

What i did walk away with at the NUS Bi is a bad rash from seabugs... ewwww. Someone mentioned he thought i got flogged. Omg... tsk tsk...

2 comments:

-ben said...

The seabugs are there to help the swimmers swim faster. Think of horse jockeys whipping their horses.

HEEEEYAAA!

*FLOG!*

*FLOG!*



(The Moks are crazy.)

Anonymous said...

EEK SEA BUGS!!!

oh dear thats bad.. i had few of those but not that bad. i'm thinking of wearing wet suit this saturday... lol

goodluck!