Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Surprise visitors ....

Over the past two weeks, i had to entertain friends who were working overseas and coming to Singapore for a couple of days. I would drop anything just to spend time with these two dudes. I am thankful that we managed to know each other, through very different means. We never did go to school together... we just so happen to know each other.

First up was Eugene, who came back from Sydney, with his wife, for a period of two weeks. So Angie & me managed to catch up with him over a very long dinner at Wheelock Place. I've known him for about ten to eleven years. Since he lives in Australia, and me in Singapore, we meet twice a year... and hardly keep in touch through the rest of the year. Funny how we met through a mutual "friend" whom we now disown. Eugene's like the jinx, who brings about my chance encounter with our "friend" everytime he's back in town. Seems like it happens each and everytime he rolls back into town.

Next was Seggy, who really takes the cake. He flown in on a Saturday afternoon (3pm) and has to leave by 1015am on a Monday morning. Seggy is one of my closest guy friends ever. He lives through every lil' shit i put him through, and i, in turn, repay him by sitting through every shit he puts me through. I have gone through ups & downs with him. So he knows when he could push me around, and when i really just need to talk about anything under the sun. We see each other once or twice a year, if time permits, and schedules permit. He lives in US, while i am in Singapore. Still, we do try to ichat each other, or call each other.

Sometimes it's friends like these, that remind me how blessed i am. to be surround by them, to be with them, and to know what friendships are about. it's not just about being next to each other every waking minute, these are the people who will stand through the times.

No comments: