Thursday, June 16, 2011

One more month before the party...

Yep, time flies. On the same day last year, i wasn't engaged. I was just the same girl who partyrocks, runs, have fun, and work. Fast forward a year, i am like one month to being a Mrs. And now it dawn upon me. Responsibilities will change, thinking will change, lifestyle will change.

One night, while running with my fave buddy, he reminded me to move with the changes from being single to being married. He mentioned about my singleton life of going running (whenever, wherever), to my partying, and my workaholic life, and to slowly learn to become a wife. I gave him a stare, and wish that i would retain some part of my lifestyle.

Sure there would definitely be changes. Considerations have to be made for two, instead of one. I can't just sign up for a race, then informing the other half. I have to now seek approval. I have to also learn to give up some stuff, and to embrace new ones like planning for a family.

The things that have changed are that now i'm rocking a new do. No one would believe i used to do triathlons. I have long hair, i have finally learnt how to put on some fake lashes. I have learn to embrace being skinny, and not muscles. I'm really looking more so like a tai tai. Don't worry, i'm still jogging. During a random night of joining a group of old tri friends for a drink, one of them mentioned that he still sees the short hair spunky Eve who's out rocking the tarmac. He may be right.

I have a feeling, i'll be back to rocking my own lil triathlon, someday.

No comments: