Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Turning a year older

I've been out of action from training. and for a good reason : my birthday !

I have to say, i had a good time this birthday.
Wed night : A very awesome love-hating group that decided that we should celebrate my birthday at the stroke of midnight at Butter Factory. That was peppered with many drinks, and of cos celebrity sightings.

Thursday : I went for stretch class, fell asleep there. No surprise to that! Was so tired from wednesday night. And went for dinner with family.

Friday night : Had drinks with friends and besties. That was crazy. I think my body digest alcohol & fun too fast.

Saturday : shopped for costumes, had dinner, and played cards

Sunday : lazed around and went for a movie

Monday : met with old friends... and played old-skool games.

All in all. I am loving it!
Perhaps i guess i have to admit i am getting older. Gifts are no longer as neccessary than before. Yes, it's a nice-to-have. Receiving text messages from a friend that i thought i lost to the wind and time warms my heart. And that feeling of being told i am missed leaves me teary. But being able to spend time with friends, even at a stretch of 10 to 11 hours, that's something to go down the memory lane with. Call me sappy & old. But i guess, that's what happen with aging.

I usually don't really like celebrating my birthday on 17th, due to the painful loss of the man i loved the most my entire life : my dad... on 18th September 1985. Not a day goes by, without the thought of him. More importantly, Thank You for making me who i am today. Be it for the better or for the worse, i am sure you are proud of every lil achievement i have made along the way.

Life goes on.
I love my family & friends.
More dinners on the way !




No comments: