Monday, August 17, 2009

to rest is to go a longer distance.

So now that my aunt's been laid to rest, and i've had a good National Day weekend recharging myself. I spent that mostly sleeping. It's been a long time since i slept 10-11 hours at a go. I felt good and ready to rock the world again. 

 I've gone back to running. Mostly couple of kilometres, just to keep the engine going. And of cos, to check if the pain persists. I realized why i love running : the scenery, the calmness, the time to think. Mostly, cos it's not as time-consuming as cycling. Just put on a pair of shoes, and go. 

Unfortunately, the pain persists. I talked to the doc, and talked to friends. And i came to finally embrace : to rest is to go a longer distance.
For now... i shall take a short hiatus from running and cycling.
No one said i couldn't swim. And oh yes... and maybe finally getting back to the driving range. 

No comments: