Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting prepped up for Desaru

It's been almost a year since i went for my first long distance race - Desaru Long Distance Triathlon.  Well, I'm still not prepared this year. This year, i guess it's worse. I know that it's a long race, that's hot, and miserable. The waves, and the water... 2 loops of 1km. Those hills... 3 loops of the bike course in the mid day sun. And running till the evening falls. Sigh... what have i done again? 

I stare my 2008 finisher certificate, with the timings, and have to repeatedly remind myself : i can't do worse. But that thought of riding around in mid-day sun, and the awful post race tan lines are definitely putting me off. A friend noted that something must be seriously wrong with this race, that no one he spoke to is actually enthusiastic about it. I guess we're all going for the seafood.  TWO DAYS more...