Sunday, April 12, 2009

over the long Easter weekend...

You would often associate Easter weekend, with Easter eggs (chocolates...yumyum!), and of cos, in praise of God, who has died for our sins and rise again! I didn't manage to go to church, i didn't manage to eat chocolates either. I didn't even go the other extreme end of the spectrum : partying & drinking, like most would... all in celebrations over a long weekend.

I was home early on the thursday night ( Eve of Good Friday) and asleep before the clock struck 1am. Rare you might have thought? I woke up, feeling rejuvenated and thought "this is the day that the Lord has made", and decided i was going to pack my wardrobe. I spent a good 8 hours just sitting in front of my closet and packing everything up. I did throw out a pile, and felt somewhat more relieved. I still have more clothes though.

Saturday was a long day for me, with activities packed to its brim. Cycling supposed to be a 50km event, which turned a bit too long at 70km, and ended at 11am. I was being roasted by the hot sun, and that traffic towards the end wasn't very nice to ride through. Then it was many more activities with friends. It was about 1am, when i got to hug my pillow and sleep.

Sunday (Easter Sunday) .... i woke up slightly late, and showed up late for my duties as a volunteer at Triathlon Family Annual Sprint Triathlon event. But overall the event is fun. And i just have one thing to say : THANK YOUR VOLUNTEERS, cos you do not know how much hard work it is, being a volunteer ... it's much tougher than racing itself.

No comments: