Monday, December 17, 2007

that's life...

The weekend was a blast. I left early from work on Friday to join my sis and some friends at Wild Wild Wet water theme park at Pasir Ris area (east side of Singapore). Who knew i would have so much fun with a bunch of 20-30somethings? Hahaha, we were all rolling with laughter, and totally enjoyed ourselves, finding ourselves surrounded by little kids of 10 year olds. The lifeguards were laughing at our silly antics of sabotaging each other, toppling each other off floats. At the end of that very tiring time, we had our lil' Christmas BBQ gathering, with a close group of friends & family. The food was fab, the company was completely fab... and i just felt very blessed to have such a closely knitted group.

Of cos, i failed to mention that the sambal chilli & that awesome BBQ food totally killed my throat, leaving me with ZERO croaking hoarse voice. I rolled off early to bed on that Saturday, under serious medication... and anticipating a long day on Sunday.

Sunday : 745am i rolled out of bed, not to swim / cycle / run. I went to attend a birthday celebration on a yacht off the coast of Singapore. Just lying around & lazing in the sun enjoying that nice sea breeze, with a bunch of friends, enjoying each other's jokes and nonsense... and the fussing around and listening onto lengthy discussion about rides. And of cos, highlight is always on the food. I love food, and i would be awake at the sound of having food around me Lamb with mint sauce, pan fried chicken, salad. Yummy... ! Then, there's of cos The view off the yacht was a sight to behold, and the thought of being surrounded by water. At that moment, I am beginning to like the idea of staying onboard for a dive trip soon.

I was left very sunburnt. I have to blame myself for the lack of sunscreen ( i did put, but obviously not enough). And i decided i could go attend Stefan & Kelly's wedding, sans makeup. I was so bright red like a lobster that any makeup wouldn't have made any difference. Heh! That evening was just lovely, and extremely touching to see Yew Jin's speech of his best friend Stefan. And the camarderie amongst the brothers, and my friends have always been awesome. We had an afterparty, where the boys continued their story telling, and their many ways of enjoying I have no pictures now, but i guess i will soon.

With Christmas around the corner, i am just happy i am in Singapore, with family, loved ones and friends. Not to mention, the good food, good wine & beer and the good company.

*pictures as always are available off my flickr, please click on the flickr icon at the left side of this page

No comments: