Sunday, December 02, 2007

My First Half-Marathon

Some might think it's madness to even run 21.1km...
Others might think it's nothing, 42.1295km is something...
i really don't care, i am damn proud of myself.

And i am happy i completed it. I went to bed at about 2am the night before the race...woke up barely two hours later at 415am, to get ready to go to Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon site. I felt so sick, battling my blocked nose and cough, with the heart of giving up mid-way through.

As i got to the site, there's no turning back. I met Daniel Eu, who is also running his first half marathon. Didn't manage to meet Jason or Mala. The time has come... i have to start running.

Thankfully i have great friends like Kelvyn, Gary, Nick... who ran the entire marina south stretch (some 8km) with me. I lost them someway through, but running down Robinson Road alone is weirdly nice. Passing by Esplanade, Ritz Carlton and the Singapore Flyer, running on the road, that my car drives on, is a new experience. Fighting the heat on Nicoll Highway to & fro was perhaps the toughest part of the challenge. When i crossed that finishing line of that 21.1km, i felt so happy.

What made it all worth while is the fact i completed within 2 hours & 30 minutes.
Aim met... what's next? Sundown Marathon?
Official Timing : 2 hours 23 minutes 45 seconds.
ho seh!

2 comments:

Jermy's Universe said...

Congrats gal! Great achievement!

-ben said...

Congratulations to the Char Siew Pao babe!