Sunday, October 21, 2007

Runs runs runs

I set foot at Siloso Beach, Sentosa this morning at 730am, feeling very tired, and embarked on a 5km run. I never felt so breathless and that lack of enthusiasm to press on. That 5km felt as though i have hit 10km. I knew by then, i am in bad shape.

With each every ticking second, minute, day and week, the Standard Chartered Marathon or commonly known as Singapore Marathon draws nearer, sending a chill down my spine.

I have never ran anything more than 5km (in official records and measured perfectly!) before. Ok, yes, I might have ran past 5km, but never had a proper official timing or mileage clocked. And *gasp* what did i do? I signed up for the 21km category for the Singapore Marathon.

Over the past two weeks, I began starting my runs, as far as my knees can take me, and my swollen feet can take me. As hard as i try, i can't seem to run that same ol' 5km as freely as i did before, while training myself for the Osim Tri Sprint Category.

I read in The Sunday Times of suggested training schedules... and you know what? I'm way way way below that suggestion.

My Schedule for the past week :
Sunday : Ran 4-5km ECP
Monday : Ran 2.4km Treadmill + Weights
Tuesday : Ran 1.5km Treadmill + Yoga
Wed : Wakeboard baby... wakeboard...
Thursday : 2.4km ECP
Friday & Sat : Rest...
Sunday : 5km Siloso Beach Sentosa....

Seems like i'm in trouble eh? I can't help but wonder ... am i ready?

Am i?

2 comments:

-ben said...

Coffee and a couple char siew paos and you will be all ready :-D

Anonymous said...

enuff alreay lah