Sunday, August 06, 2006

il mare & the lake house...

Before any of you guys start whining, the story is really great. I like it. It's touching, and of cos, i know it's girly. It starred Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullocks. I remember one friend remarking it's like Speed 3; Speed & Speed 2 are flops, this has gotta be a flop too. Nope, i like it. The story is just refreshingly nice, though il mare (the korean version) is slightly nicer. I need english words, as compared to korean language which i understand nothing of. Anyway to sidetrack a little, i saw a bunch of RI boys watching it and discussing about the movie thereafter. Dude, how weird!

The Lake House is like an infinite cycle of this love story. How can you love someone you have never met... this was the question lingering on my mind as i walked out of the theatre. I suppose modern day context would be sms, email or chatrooms, even friendster groups to find someone you can relate so much to. Sometimes those exchange of messages lead to love. But in the story of Il Mare or Lake House, it's like an infinite wait. Exchange of notes come in the form of a mailbox. It all seemed too surreal and bizarre. However, love finds itself in its own funny ways, even if you have not met the person before.

Now that brings me to think of one song : I knew i loved you by Savage Garden.

No comments: